Types of massage:
• Swedish Massage – A Swedish massage is a technique which is normally used as a precursor to treatment, and it promotes relaxation, among other health benefits.
• Deep Tissue Massage – A deep tissue massage which uses slow movements and stronger pressure than a Swedish massage to treat the deeper layer of muscles and the fascia (connective tissues) that intertwine with the muscles.
• Myofascial Release – A treatment of the fascial connective tissues, this treatment will help to restore a reduced range of motion in patients who are restricted due to connective tissue injuries.
• Trigger Point Release – A deep pressure treatment that focuses on releasing specific muscle knots or irritated nodules in the muscle belly.
• Joint Mobilization – A gentle, usually pain-free, technique used to improve overall joint health and increase an active pain-free range of motion.
• Muscle Energy Techniques – An active form of stretching designed to target muscles that have reduced elasticity or muscles that are difficult to stretch alone.